Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Christian Bale's Tirade on Set: My take - He was right.

You know, we currently live in a society here in America, that is full of Irresponsible people. We do ... don't get mad. Because it's true.

Today, I saw a story about a Tirade by Christian Bale on the set of Terminator 4; Turns out some guy, a DP on the set, kept messing up his scene - from the comments made by many people on TMZ's site, He needs to be shamed for yelling at a guy ... but I disagree.

Listen to the Cuss out here: It's great... it really is.

I'm one of those people who feels that sometimes, people NEED to be cussed out. Unfortunately it doesn't always work; the desired effect is not often reached; usually what happens is, the person who gets cussed out becomes defensive, and denies any wrong-doing; They refuse to take responsibility; and in doing so, Miss the lesson that could have benefited their life.

But here's the flip side - Talking Calmly to these people ... that doesn't work either. I've tried both; The problem resides In that person; NO matter what you say, or how you say it, if they are not the kind of person who's willing to confess fault, they're not gonna listen, they're not gonna learn, and they will do the same mistake over, and over, and over again.

But, read the comments - it's amazing just how many people in our society think it's ok for Non-Professional People to ignore the Rules around Professional People.

I get it - MOST people in America are NOT Professionals. I totally understand. So this is already a conversation about two types of people at odds - the Non-Pro's often Mock the Pro's - because the Non-Pro's are unwilling to do what it takes to BE a Pro.

That's what it comes down to really - and it's starting to effect all aspects of American Society; Our Economic Troubles have as much to do with how Non-Professional Americans are, as with anything the "gov't" can be blamed for doing ... or not doing.

Ultimately the problem is US!

Seriously, we have too many people who don't know WHEN To be serious; My thinking is because they were Too serious as kids; and now that they're adults, they don't wanna be serious anymore.

I say that, from my Own Experience ... from knowing many people that I went to High School with, who were 'mature' when I was just enjoying being a kid; Now... It's the reverse; I'm the mature one, who still can have a good time, relax, laugh, and enjoy myself - but I can be serious when the time is right; I can be in professional mode when I need to be; And they ... cannot.

I tried to do business with many of my friends; They failed - the businesses failed too, because my Friends failed to be serious; They made excuses for why they didn't do what they were supposed to do; They blamed others, they blamed circumstances; They pointed fingers; and left me out to dry most of the time; I had to transition into another type of business because ... Like Bale found out, it's frustrating trying to accomplish something BIG with people who think Small....

So, I don't blame him for Cussing this DP out. I understand - and frankly it's sad that Other people in our society don't get it.... Hopefully someone somewhere can wake people up - and send them a box of "Grow the Fuck up" ... before it's too late for us to recover from what this Current Generation of Lesser Mentally Developed people are doing.

No comments: