Sunday, November 05, 2006

ahh... The Matrix.

One of my all time favorite films - but I must confess that I'm torn between the 2 sequels, and V for Vendetta.

I can remember walking out of the first one feeling like the film just spoke to me - feeling like The One - feeling like I was sent on a mission to accomplish major changes in the world around me.

The only movie that has moved me in that way since then, was V for Vendetta. I dont wanna start a revolution or anything; but I just like how the W's (the guys who made the film for those of you who aren't in the know) made their point that a revolution takes everyone.

But I'm not here to talk about that.

I wanted to piggy back on the topic from "Was the Matrix Just a Movie?" - Is it a possibility that like in the film, Agents can move in and out of our bodies, controlling us at will - using us to do their bidding?

I can't help but wonder at the many meanings that could be found in the film. Are they speaking of a spiritual possession - demonic forces taking us over making us do things we wouldn't normally do. Are they discussing the influence of television and music on our lives - of culture and society - how tradition can limit our own belief in our selves to the point that we just give ourselves over willingly and never really live.

I'll make sure I find some of my writings on rap music.

I was born and raised on rap; Loved it as a child. Today... I'm not nearly as excited about it. Yea, the beats are sounding waaaay better than they did when I was young but, what's the message?

So many people don't even care about what the message is - but on the heels of watching videos like the ones shared in my past blog - one can't help but wonder. Rap music has such a negative impact on the Black Community. Can't help but wonder if it's part of their system.

In the matrix, everything is connected. Everything is monitored - the people are literally being controlled through the images fed into their brain. They've got no idea that they are really floating in a glass tube somewhere in a Future America - that they're not really living.

I've posed this question since originally watching the film - but my first perception of the film was based on Financial reality - how what we learn in school has nothing to do with truly succeeding in THIS world. How we are really limited by the people in our workplace - the people we grew up with - family who came before us who no longer believe that it's possible to go from rags to riches...

That is, without winning the loterry.

If you missed it, here's your chance to read all about it.



Copy & Paste this code to help promote ThaShow:

No comments: